Fisherman and the Sea in Alexandria, 2014
NOVEL WRITING AS MULTIMEDIA STORYTELLING
I write novel length fiction and nonfiction and bring my multimedia skills – audio and video production – to my books, making them digitally interactive ebooks:
- Co-Wrote the published memoir Run Ruby Run with New Orleans shooting victim.
- Completed a fictionalized memoir about Istanbul, Turkey – where I lived for 6 years before coming to Cairo.
- Working on a non-fiction book about the Gülen Movement in Egypt.
- Translating the Turkic Oral Epic poem Alpamish from Kazaki Turkish to English.
- Produced short stories and academic research.